Senior Tax Accountant
Junior Tax Accountant
Mid Level Tax Accountant
The Tax Accountant is responsible for the preparation of client tax returns including corporate, partnership, individual, trusts and estate. Additional duties include preparation of quarterly and year end estimates, draft response letters to IRS and state notices when needed, reconcile accounts, make adjusting entries, and prepare financial statements as well as other general accounting and bookkeeping functions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters in Accountancy or equivalent preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years prior experience in public or private accounting firm
- Accounting based internship beneficial
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exams upon starting employment required and actively pursuing completion of the exams required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various tax, file management and practice management applications and research tools beneficial
- Prior experience with Quickbooks
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding and experience preparing tax returns including; corporate, partnership, individual, trusts and estate planning.
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills